A new age of Samurai grace the lands of Edo Japan. Will you fight to survive, or will you become another casualty?

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The lengths some people go.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sumire

Mon : 10

Character sheet
Surname Name: Sumire Kyokan
Courtesy Name: Sumi
Occupation/Rank: Ronin

PostSubject: The lengths some people go.    Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:42 am

He was enjoying himself not in any hurry to get up. This was his home after all a nice open lot of land enough area to farm in if he wanted to.But as it stood he leaned back against the wall eyes closed resting one could not say it was actually sleeping no, resting would be far more accurate. His Katana rested against his shoulder sheathed. Not that that would save anyone who might attack him.

Now on an island were being rough and tumble was normal why would he feel he had to protect himself in such a way? Well one didn't become a Hitokiri for the government defect and not expect certain things to happen and if they didn't come after him there were those who would. Byakuya's breathing was low and steady the sheet laying loosely over his legs........one hand wrapped around the sheath of his sword.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hound
Admin

Character sheet
Surname Name: Ryūketsu Ryōken
Courtesy Name: Hound
Occupation/Rank: Rōnin

PostSubject: Re: The lengths some people go.    Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:06 am

"Well...seems you've made yourself quite comfy, ne Nobegane?" he asked lowly, a cold, icy undertone to her melodic, sweet voice. She looked cute, and sounded cute, but she was by far one of the most deadly women you could ever cross paths with. Nodachi slung over her shoulder, she looked more like a Yakuza thug than a Bushi.

"You know why I'm here, so let's just get this shit over with..." she told him lowly, shifting her Nodachi down so that it touched the ground. Taller than she herself was, the blade was a force to be reckoned with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dropkicksamurai.forumotion.com
Sumire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The lengths some people go.    Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:12 am

He cracked open one eye as the Nodachi came to the ground shifting fast or slow would not matter it wasn't soo much a sword designed for speed as it was long graceful sweeping blows unless of course you happened to be her. A Senior officer. A Bushi and she was here to no doubt arrest him and bring him back.

"I do indeed know why your here. Because I refuse to play Hitokiri any further right?" Nobegane or rather Byakuya said as he opened one eye to look at her shifting slightly as he stood up easily enough still in hakama but he was bare foot and his kimono and haori were currently off around his waist leaving his chest exposed. He kept the swords sheath firmly in his left hand. "And why should I not be comfortable? This....is my home.....although it won't be for much longer I suppose." He had felt her coming the weight of the swords increasing her own even if she was delicate and insanely strong. He didn't move though holding his sword to his left side ready for anything watching her........he killed as he drew his blade she killed anything within the long reach of hers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hound
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The lengths some people go.    Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:28 am

Licking her lips, she cracked her neck, preparing herself for a fight. "Home or no home, you know my job..." she told him lowly as she placed her hand on the handle, preparing to draw her blade. Skilled in dangerous types of sword play, she was a slim, feminine power-house. If she really wanted to, she could kill Nobegane with one swing.

"Of course, since you know why I'm here...let's just skip the useless shit and get down to business," she told him, drawing her blade and making one clean slash. Just that alone held enough force to grate a small gale blade, which sliced through the pillar that held the roof of the porch up.

Skilled, cute, and deadly. She was called the government's ultimate weapon for a reason.
Back to top Go down
Sumire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The lengths some people go.    Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:54 am

He didn't move didn't twitch as she cut the pillar of his porch down causing that part of the roof to fall although he was no longer under the dangerous falling wood. But standing out in the open his hand still wrapped around the sheath of his katana while his right hand now hovered just over the hilt of the un-drawn blade. Of course they would send her. There most skilled weapon on the front lines to deal with him. The most dangerous shadow to have slipped through there fingers. The one who killed even as he drew his blade. Battousai.

They were both skilled in one swing kills. One move kills the problem was fights like these were usually dangerous and although he had no problem with the danger level he left because he didn't want to kill any longer. Was it really hard to understand that a Hitokiri no longer wanted to be a Hitokiri of course he had heard enough that a 'Manslayer was a Manslayer until the day he died.'

"It would seem there is no reasoning with you. You will follow the order to kill me or apprehend me to the end it seems." Byakuya shifted his hand wrapped around the hilt of the blade and he looked up at her. "Can I not bury you Battousai?" He said although he was referring to himself he didn't want any longer to carry a blade that solely knew killing.....even if that was the truth of his sword. "No matter how skilled you are I'm afraid I can't let you win this fight today........I can not repent for the lives spilled against these blades if you do."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hound
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The lengths some people go.    Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:22 pm

She snorted at his words and sheathed her Nodachi. "It isn't a matter of if I follow orders or not. I do as I please and follow my own path," she explained in that same tone that hid cold undertones. "If I were out to kill you Nobegane, I would have aimed for you and not that pillar ," she explained as she slung the Nodachi over her shoulder and began to walk towards him.

"Repenting is never really an option for a Samurai of any class. You picked up a sword knowing what it meant to wield it, and became a Bushi knowing what it meant to be in the military. Now, you became a Ronin and expected to be able to repent? I don't think things in this world work like that Nobegane..."

Back to top Go down
Sumire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The lengths some people go.    Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:10 pm

His hand moved away from the hilt and he set the saya against his leg grabbing his kimono pulling it up and over his shoulders as well as his haori. Situating it he once again grabbed his sword and saya replacing it at his hip. "Never really an option. What an interesting thing to say......" he turned his head and looked at her then glanced past her to his ruined porch and front of house. Lovely.

"I picked up a sword to defend and protect, to kill those who threatened this land her people." He turned his head and looked at her. "But there comes a time when one realizes he is killing and becoming a threat to the people. I am a Hitokiri.....I know what that means but to say that I have no choice but to kill for them I can not choose a different path and walk it......that's an interesting thing to say." Nobegane said and sighed. "Tell me Yuwaku how do you follow your own path......if you can not choose to continue to be what they demand or not?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hound
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The lengths some people go.    Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:59 pm

"You're wrong about me. I still choose my own path. I've killed countless members of our own military to save innocents. But what I meant when I said you don't have a choice...was that the moment you pick up a sword, you know that you'll have to kill...regardless of the side that they're on...in this world...someone always dies, even it's not by your blade, it's by someone else's," she explained as she stopped just a few feet away from him.

"I may work as a Bushi for the military, but I have the blood of a ronin flowing through my veins. My father was a ronin from these islands, and my mother has told me countless times that I have his spirit..." she told him, her bright blue eyes staring at him, as if staring deep into his soul. "Mother always said to follow my heart...and today...I have chosen to walk a new path..."
Back to top Go down
Sumire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The lengths some people go.    Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:42 pm

"It is true someone always dies even if it's not by my own blade. But that doesn't mean that I can't choose to save as many innocent lives as I can instead of increasing the death rate in Japan." he said as she approached and got closer stopping a bit before him.

Byakuya tipped his head noting the few inches difference in her favor but listened as she said that today she choose to walk a new path after telling him that her father was a Ronin from this island. And her mother had always told her to follow her own heart he remembered neither of his own parents. But he listened as she spoke. "Are you sure you want to walk this path? You hold a high ranking position in the military." he said calmly not to sway anything but to make certain she was aware of what she was giving up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hound
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The lengths some people go.    Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:13 pm

She sighed and closed her eyes. "If I wasn't sure, I wouldn't have said it. Damn, I try to be open and you go and shoot me down before you even know me!" she said, stamping her foot in annoyance. Try to be nice to a guy and he tries to get rid of you already. Geeze...

But sighing, she smiled at him and stuck out her tongue. "Neh, now you have to put up with me!"
Back to top Go down
Sumire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The lengths some people go.    Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:13 am

Nobegane shook his head. "Trying to make sure it's really what you want, is all. The title of 'ronin' comes with its own problems......".

He paused though and rose an eyebrow. "So I've suddenly become yours?" he asked teasingly she was cute all flustered like that. Not that he was going to tell her that right now.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The lengths some people go.    

Back to top Go down

The lengths some people go.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1