A new age of Samurai grace the lands of Edo Japan. Will you fight to survive, or will you become another casualty?

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Tending to the Shrine.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kyojin

Mon : 9

PostSubject: Tending to the Shrine.....   Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:23 am

She walked along the grounds of the shrine with a smile.... Her mother died three years ago and soon she will be elected as the new High Priestess of the shrine... She didn't want to be though she just wanted to be her.... She wished she was a normal girl and that she could just travel a little bit and meet a man to love.... Get married and have children.... She was born because of an unpure relationship between her biological father, whom she has never met, and her mother before she became the high priestess..... The high priestess was normally not allowed by this shrines tradition to marry and must live on the shrine premises.....

She walked down the stairs and walked through the streets to the park where she played with the children for a while and then she returned to the stone steps and walked up them.... Once she had returned she picked up her broom and sweeped the stairs slowly as she was sweeping she talked aloud to herself... "I wish I could have been born just a normal woman.... I don't want to be the High Priestess..... I wish I could meet a man.... Do this.... And that with that man.... and then...." At that moment she began daydreaming about not so innocent things as she daydreamed she stared at the blue sky drooling and blushing imagining those things to herself..... "A man...."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sumire

Mon : 10

Character sheet
Surname Name: Sumire Kyokan
Courtesy Name: Sumi
Occupation/Rank: Ronin

PostSubject: Re: Tending to the Shrine.....   Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:55 pm

The sisters walked along finding the pieces of the divine mirror the sooner they found it the sooner she could go back to the shrine but the longer she was away....the longer Toki found she wanted to stay away and desired to go back less and less. Was traveling all across Japan with Mayo such a bad thing? she didn't think so. She glanced at her sister who walked along with her. Then at the shrine they were approaching.

Mayo's reasoning? Find the mirror return it clear her name with them and then if she still wanted to travel Mayo saw no reason to have to settle down there again. On that aspect she enjoyed her sisters presence and paused when they approached the current shrine on the island they were on. Not mind you that Toki was dressed as a normal Miko. Adorned in white and blue robes with lilies in her hair and beads hanging down a blue stone in the center of her forehead a sacred shrine maiden. She looked at the girl sweeping and blinked when when she laminated about.........A man.....not just any man or the man she loved but men in general.

"Oh.....my" Toki said softly her long silvery white hair flowing in the light breeze. "Are.....we....interrupting?"

Mayo glanced over and snorted. Men.........not that she had any problems with them in general but at the moment they were a distraction they could not afford to have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyojin

PostSubject: Re: Tending to the Shrine.....   Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:12 am

Azumi snapped back to reality and smiled at the sisters.... "No no I'm just daydreaming welcome to Amami Shrine..... Please follow these steps and you will find the shrine and the shrine maidens..... My name is Azumi Chiharu the Priestess residing over the shrine.... Can I help you with anything?..." She smiled at them hearing them speak snapped her back out of her day dream and embarrassed her just a little... In reality she was a dancer she did a ceremonial dance in honor of the Goddess Amamiko..... She was soon to be elevated to the High Priestess and she really didn't want that as a matter of fact she didn't want to even be a priestess at this point.... just.... a normal woman....

She stopped sweeping and looked at the two sisters they seemed very different one seemed kind of off to herself and the other seemed to be a bit snide not that it bothered her.... As a ceremonial priestess she was raised to always be kind if she could and to show compassion.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sumire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Tending to the Shrine.....   Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:22 am

Toki looked at her. "Only passing through." She said softly. "thank you."

Mayo looked over at the girl regarded her quietly a moment or two as she seemed to continue with ehr 'snide' personality. "Let's go." She said lowly smoothly as she began to walk up the steps. "The sooner we enter the soon we can leave."

Toki looked up and smiled shaking her head. "Alright. Thank you." She said bowing slightly out of kindness and respect before heading up the stairs to see if she could sense any piece of the Divine mirror.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyojin

PostSubject: Re: Tending to the Shrine.....   Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:30 am

Chiharu bowed to the young women and smiled at them... The sooner they could leave?... She wondered why they were in such a hurry... Dinner was to be served soon.... She followed after them as she had to return to the shrine anyway.... When she got back she laid the broom on the porch.... "Excuse me for a moment ladies..." She walked inside and asked the shrine maidens to prepare a dinner and then walked back out.... "Well... Welcome to the shrine is there anything I can get for you?.... We are about to serve dinner and begin the ceremonial dance for the day.... If you would like please stay and enjoy yourselves... We do the dance everyday for practice and once a year we do a choreographed dance at the town festival.... If you want you are even welcome to join us...." She walked over toward another door and said... "I will return please make yourself at home...." She walked toward the door and spoke to one of the shrine maidens... "Please get them anything they need and show them around while I get changed for the dance..." The shrine maiden replied.... "Yes ma'am..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sumire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Tending to the Shrine.....   Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:35 am

Toki looked at her. "We really don't want to be a bother." She said softly glancing in the direction that the girl had wandered off in. The ceremonial dance. But she really needed to walk around the Shrine and get a feel for it or not. Taking a deep breath she glanced around she hadn't danced in a long time but would it not be an insult to Amaterasu if she danced for another deity? For another Kami?

Mayo glanced at the girl who approached and offered to show them around. She nodded and began walking with her sister keeping her eyes on the Shrine maidens not one to trust easily........Mayo trusted very little.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyojin

PostSubject: Re: Tending to the Shrine.....   Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:46 am

The young maiden simply smiled and said... "No bother at all.... We are very proud of our shrine and enjoy showing people around the grounds...." She walked along leading them around the common ground like all shrines there were places designated for eating and recreation and prctice as well as places forbidden to be seen by anyone other then the High Priestess.... She came across the large doors to the main shrine and lead the two young women inside.... "This is our main hall..... This is where the dance will be taking place later..... Its a large main sanctuary and we are all very honored to take care of it....." On each side of the prayer chapel there was a door.... "The door on the left leads to the kitchen where we are preparing dinner we would be over joyed if you stayed for dinner we don't get a lot of visitors.... The door on the right is only allowed to be entered by the High Priestess.... The woman from earlier in about three days will be taking the vows of the High Priestess.... Her mother originally was but she died three years ago..... That girl was so rebellious and now she is becoming the residing protector of the shrine...." She smiled... The young maiden almost seemed proud of her....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sumire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Tending to the Shrine.....   Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:49 am

Toki looked over at her as she was spoken to to hear that pride and sighed. "Yes but is it what she wants?" She asked softly shaking her head as she glanced about looking at the different things. No she wasn't sensing it or anything like it at the moment.

She knew Mayo didn't care to be in shrines a woman who was a skilled Ninja didn't feel she should be dirtying up these pure grounds as it were.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyojin

PostSubject: Re: Tending to the Shrine.....   Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:16 am

The shrine maiden glanced over at her and sighed sadly.... "Actually I personally believe that she doesn't..... I don't know for sure though..... When she was young she was always getting into trouble and spiting her heritage..... She never even knew her father.... To become High Priestess theres certain things a woman must vow to give up.... For that girl it would mean giving up everything that makes her.... Well her...." She looked over at the two and said.... "However to stop her is not my place..... She is the only one here with a strong enough spiritual connection to obtain the seat of High Priestess.... There are special duties she will be have to do while she is one and that even I do not know what they are..... She is a strong willed woman....." She glanced at them and said.... "When she was a little girl she was obsessed with things that normal women arent interested in until a certain age.... All because of a book she found..." Her face turned a glowing red when mentioning the book so it wasn't hard to understand what kind of book it was... "That girl she caused so much trouble for her mother it was almost funny.... She loved her dearly though so I think she is doing this for her moms sake to hold up her head with pride that she is doing the one thing her mom wanted her to do for her.... Thats a dedicated daughter if you ask me..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sumire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Tending to the Shrine.....   Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:23 am

Toki looked over at her. "Perhaps.........but I can't help but think that if she is doing this out of duty not because she loves what she is doing with all of her heart.........the connection to Kami will weaken." She said and looked ahead. "Her heart will always be torn and longing for what she has given up."

Mayo walked along silently. "Dedication to something is fine. But misplaced dedication is dangerous she has to figure out for herself what she really wants regardless of what others want for her."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyojin

PostSubject: Re: Tending to the Shrine.....   Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:21 pm

The young woman nodded in agreement then noted Azumi walking into the room.... Azumi looked up at them she had been just outside and overheard the entire conversation..... She smiled then said... "It's.... Not just duty..... I may not want to be the High Priestess or even a Priestess however there's something more important to me that requires me to do so.... So at the same time I love it...." She walked over to the door that only she was 'supposed' to enter.... "Come.... I will show you..... Afterwards please stay and eat with us and enjoy the dance..." The shrine maiden started to speak up but was cut off.... "I'm sorry.... It's ok though I'm sure these two wont be causing trouble there is not anything here worth anything except what I am going to show them and even then I am the only one who can use it.... So please do not worry I will be back shortly..." She smiled then walked in to the room hoping they would follow behind her....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sumire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Tending to the Shrine.....   Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:08 pm

The two girls walked over to her nodding. It was the same with the Mirror that Toki was searching for only she could sense it only she could use it and yet someone had managed to steal it right out from beneath her and she could not figure out who or why.

"Thank you."
For trusting them how long had it been since anyone had trusted her. Toki had been feeling like she had been cursed from the moment someone made off with her mirror.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyojin

PostSubject: Re: Tending to the Shrine.....   Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:29 pm

Azumi led them to a small room where there were incense candles and a few seating mats.... In this room she will be maintaining a special prayer that only she can do..... She took off her regular clothes and under it she was wearing a solid white prayer robe.... She smiled and spoke... "I will be praying here for the most part to hone my connection to the spirit world..... This actually helps with detecting Yokai and other anomalies within my home town.... I have been put in charge of protecting this place and all its residence.... Thats why I do not completely hate this job.... I get to protect the happy families from evil..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sumire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Tending to the Shrine.....   Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:34 pm

Toki was quiet as she listened to her. She was in the middle of her own quest so did she really have the right to go around upsetting other peoples lives.

"Your logic if flawed. While you may like the idea that you can protect others while you yourself protect them you become miserable and your heart is filled with a longing. It leads to a long lonely road. The goal of 'man' becomes impossible to reach and have. There are more ways to protect something then making yourself miserable for the sake of others. If they care about you at all they would wish for your happiness as well." Mayo said lowly without sitting or looking at her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyojin

PostSubject: Re: Tending to the Shrine.....   Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:43 pm

Azumi looked up at her and smiled.... She bit her lips a bit knowing what she said was true.... "I know.... I know that ....but... but still I....." A few small tears left her face.... She was abandoning her own heart in order to become a protector.... She hated it and yet.... She knew if she didn't there would be many people who would become lost and to her that was just as bad as her being miserable to begin with because that would make her feel just as guilty as doing it in the first place.....

"It's not ideal..... I know that and I know what I'm doing is really stupid and yet..... They need someone to protect them and I am the only one that can now that my mother is gone....." She lit the incense and let the smell fill the room as she let her hair down.... She had long beautiful black hair..... It looked silky it was her pride so she took good care of it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sumire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Tending to the Shrine.....   Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:58 pm

Toki bit her lower lip and looked up at Mayo before closing her eyes and shaking her head.

"Wong answer." Mayo said turning to face her and narrowed her eyes. "If your telling me that to protect the people your Kami requires you to be miserable then it's a not a Kami worth your time." Mayo said narrowing her eyes as she turned. "If you become High priestess you are miserable, if you choose your own path you are miserable. How foolish. If you meet the Buddha kill the Buddha, if you meet your Father kill your father. Free of everything, not bound by anything. Live your life as it is." She said and turned. "The words of a traveling Monk one who radiates a holier then though light to him. These people.........need Miko's yes but there's more then just you. These other girls can carry there own weight and the warriors around here who are too scared to draw there blades can do something as well. Basically Hold nothing so dear in the mortal world that you can not bare to loose it." It meant positions and the such and Toki knew what she meant but would this one know it as well? Or go off the wall on them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyojin

PostSubject: Re: Tending to the Shrine.....   Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:05 am

She simply smiled it made sense.... Azumi is young and very naive... She has never even left her own little island.... "I.... Understand.... Your right how foolish I have been...." In truth it wasn't the Goddess it wasn't her father it was her..... She needed to learn more about the world... Experience much more love and the like.... She knew this young woman knew what she was talking about.... Azumi stood and said... "It is time for the ceremonial dance.... Will you stay?.... It'd be nice to have you...." She smiled at them and began to walk out of the room and then she stopped and looked back.... "It's easy to see that you came here for more then just a visit.... Is there something you need that I can help with..." For these people to just walk in out of their own free will when they had no real reason to just didn't seem right...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sumire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Tending to the Shrine.....   Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:34 am

Mayo looked at her and remained quiet from there looking away it was up to Toki to tell her or not this was her quest. Mayo was just her protection along the way.

"I'm looking for The Yata no Kagami.........Amaterasu's Mirror....it was taken from the Shrine that I am a Miko of a while back and I have been asked to find it and return it." Toki said which wasn't the whole truth but it wasn't a lie either just summing it up for the girl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyojin

PostSubject: Re: Tending to the Shrine.....   Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:43 am

Azumi had heard of Amaterasu's mirror.... It was a holy relic that resided in a certain shrine... She was not sure which.... "Well.... If I see anything like that or hear about it I will personally contact you but the only Holy Relic here is that....." It was the shrines orb.... It was used in prayers with the High Priestess.... "Our Holy Orb.... I use it for prayers.... Obviously that's not what you are looking for.... I wish I could help you more....." She walked away assuming they followed her and then she went into a room and came out wearing a ceremonial attire.... It didn't look Holy or traditional at all though it actually was.... It looked like some kind of tribal heart throb.... If a man were there his tongue would roll out of his mouth.... She took her fan and to the sound of drum beats behind her she began moving her hips and then her arms... It was a rythmic movement and a very difficult one as well.... Only she who has practiced for years could pull it off..... The younger maidens began to dance as well....

Azumi began to sing in a special manner.... She had a beautiful voice.... Most didn't believe it when they heard her....

[OOC: I would put lyrics to a song but I have none of my own to use... Sorry!]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sumire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Tending to the Shrine.....   Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:58 am

Toki nodded and then nearly face planted, as it was her hand covered her face as she came out in something far more revealing then her sisters Ninja outfit and that was revealing as it was. The dance was lovely but...........it all looked like...........some festival play instead of a ceremonial dance. Ceremonial robes were lovely but they didn't look skimpy they didn't.

"Blessed Amaterasu please show me the wisdom and patience to help them." She breathed softly to herself. Oh dear...........why. Why did they have to come to a shrine were the Miko's turned sacred dances into racy displays and acted like Tart's?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyojin

PostSubject: Re: Tending to the Shrine.....   Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:26 am

At the end of the dance she walked over and said... "I knew you would react that way to this outfit... Actually this was handed down through generations.... We all kind of hate it but a tradition is tradition....." She avoided telling them that it didn't bother her at all because they already caught her day dreaming about men... She didn't need to be listed as a lustful pervert of a priestess... She covered the ceremonial robes and walked into the kitchen... "Please stay, eat, and regain your strength im sure you have a long way to travel as of yet..." She wasn't perfect and far from 'pure' however she was a good woman and respectable priestess among her family and the townsfolk and she didn't like to let them down so at least for the moment she is going to stay a priestess maybe in the near future she will renounce her vows.... She walked into the kitchen where a large meal had been prepared.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sumire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Tending to the Shrine.....   Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:46 am

Toki sighed. "Problem is that's not a ceremonial robe..........it's more designed to hook a man then to preform the sacred dances....." She said shaking her head and sighing as the girl walked off into the kitchen.

Mayo nearly burst into laughter oh boy was Toki flustered just that alone was amusing enough. But she knew she was in for more rich, vegetables and sake oh yeah fruit and seaweed tonight yum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyojin

PostSubject: Re: Tending to the Shrine.....   Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:53 am

She smiled and lookded over at the women ignoring the comment about the ceremonial robes.... "Lets eat....." She sat down and began making her plate....

[OOC: I can't think of anything else atm unless you want to cut it here]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tending to the Shrine.....   

Back to top Go down

Tending to the Shrine.....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1