A new age of Samurai grace the lands of Edo Japan. Will you fight to survive, or will you become another casualty?

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Traveling Monks, add in questions and welcome trouble.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sumire

Mon : 10

Character sheet
Surname Name: Sumire Kyokan
Courtesy Name: Sumi
Occupation/Rank: Ronin

PostSubject: Traveling Monks, add in questions and welcome trouble.    Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:28 pm

He walked into town a nice bowl of rice steeped in green tea was calling his name add in some beer and then give him his cigarettes it was heavenly. That and he had finally lost the annoying little gnat that the shrine had saddled him with to be his guide and companion along the way. A wind spirit no one chosen by Buddha himself should travel alone without a companion or two they had argued.

He had argued that because he was chosen by Buddha that Buddha was his traveling companion they argued he needed someone physically with him not just spiritually. He lost. Someone in the wood he had managed to loose the little bug and now entered town it was nice and quiet people milling about but no one bothering him which.......Tenrai Sanzo could say was heaven sent in and of itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hound
Admin

Character sheet
Surname Name: Ryūketsu Ryōken
Courtesy Name: Hound
Occupation/Rank: Rōnin

PostSubject: Re: Traveling Monks, add in questions and welcome trouble.    Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:42 pm

Sighing, he held up his hands as he tried to calm the growing mob of women who were all but throwing themselves at his feet. This wouldn't be a problem, if he actually had any interest in them to begin with...

"Ladies, ladies," he pleaded with them lowly. "I would love to talk to each and every one of you, but I've taken a vow of celibacy, I can't involve myself with any of you or lose my title as monk," he told them lowly, trying desperately to rid himself of the mob of women.

But pausing, he noticed the one who was indeed 'real'. Sighing, he closed his eyes. Great...just fricking great. Standing, he picked up his 'staff' and began to make his way over to the other monk. Perhaps he could drop these women on him instead...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dropkicksamurai.forumotion.com
Sumire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Traveling Monks, add in questions and welcome trouble.    Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:39 pm

Tenrai sighed as he looked up reached into his robes forget waiting for the meal and pulled out his smokes placed one between his lips lit it up and inhaled long and low and boy did he feel relieved in that moment free of trouble but of course trouble had this way of finding him it seemed as he tipped his head and looked over at the one approaching him. A traveling monk like him only unlike Tanrei he carried a staff.

And...........a hoard of crazy women following him he narrowed his eyes as he looked at the women and shot them a dirty go away look. Nothing as flirty or anything as what they might be expecting or good nature'd. And he was the 'good' monk? Hardly. "Tsk.........." By all rights he looked like a false Monk standing there smoking a cigarette and scowling disdainfully at the women. Oh yeah......he hadn't opened his mouth yet or he'd be swearing at them as well........damn did he need a beer. This was shit if it wasn't the annoying gnat it was a hoard of annoying as hell women who didn't know how to shut up.........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hound
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Traveling Monks, add in questions and welcome trouble.    Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:04 am

Pursing his lips, he paused in the middle of the street and just stared at him for a long while. Something about this one...oh yeah...he was him all right...This one was the rebel he had heard so much about. Smirking, he chuckled lowly as he let his slight chuckle turn into a complete fit of laughter. One would think that he was completely insane. Of course, it was his nickname...Kyōken. Mad Dog.

After calming his fit of laughter, and scaring away all of the women because they thought he had lost his mind, he straightened himself up and tapped his 'staff' on the ground. "This is just too good!" he mused lowly. "I can't believe that after all of this time, I get too meet the rebel!"
Back to top Go down
Sumire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Traveling Monks, add in questions and welcome trouble.    Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:08 am

Tenrai looked over at him raising an eyebrow as he started chuckling and then burst into a fit of laughter. Seemingly going insane and then scaring off his hoard of gwaking women. Tenrai shrugged. "Rebel huh? Suits me just fine." He said as he took another drag off of his cigarette forget the holy image he was supposed to be showing off heck he didn't even have his golden crown upon his head screw that it could stay in his robes.

"From the approach I'd say your Kyoken." He said shrugging and turning. "I don't care to stand out here all day if you wanna talk I'm headed to have lunch."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hound
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Traveling Monks, add in questions and welcome trouble.    Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:33 am

He snorted at the remark. "You're correct. I'm Kyoken...of course, if that matters or not is up to you..." he mused lowly as he looked at him. "As for the rebel comment, it's what some of the other monks in other cities and towns have called you..." he said, shrugging.

"Anyway, if you're inviting me, might as well join you..." he said lowly as he began to move, walking over to where Tenrai was standing.
Back to top Go down
Sumire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Traveling Monks, add in questions and welcome trouble.    Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:39 am

Tenrai looked at him and tipped his head nodding. "I suppose I am." He said meaning inviting him and then snorted at the what other monks are calling him. "Is that right? Pansy's just can't stand truth shattering there prefect illusions. Rebel?"

He smirked shaking his head and began walking perhaps he was. "Tenrai Sanzo rebel Priest." He said introducing himself as he walked along but there was humor in his voice he was rather enjoying the 'rebel' comment. Flicking a bit of ash off of his cigarette and glanced at the monk beside him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hound
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Traveling Monks, add in questions and welcome trouble.    Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:47 am

He just just walked along silently for a while, before he glanced over at the 'real' monk, noticing his staring. "My real name, if you're wondering, is Gungen Kurutta..." he told him lowly, breaking his silence. "As for whatever else it is you've got on your mind, you might as well just go ahead and say it," he said as he looked back ahead at the street.

"Whatever it is, I'm certain it can't be enough to upset me. Takes a little more than what you could say to upset me, that's for sure..."
Back to top Go down
Sumire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Traveling Monks, add in questions and welcome trouble.    Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:53 am

Tenrai walked along and then looked ahead. "The eyes on the palms of your hands." He said lowly simply. "They are.......Rakshasa aren't they?" He asked as he looked over at him. "Why would you mark yourself with them?" Not that it mattered really but to mark himself with those eyes on the palms of his hands. Not to mention was that the sacred Scriptures he was sensing like a familiar echo to his own not something he could reach out and touch but more like a hum of hey I'm here and we're brethren. Kinda feel to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hound
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Traveling Monks, add in questions and welcome trouble.    Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:18 am

He sighed and closed his eyes. There it was....that question again. "I knew you'd eventually ask or shun me. All of your kind has so far..." he mused lowly and opened his white eyes to look at Tenrai.

"I'm marked because I'm Nise..." he answered lowly. He was False. A false Prophet, a false Monk who never took his vows and never took the red mark. "I attended the Tendai School, however, the beliefs and customs never stuck with me...only one thing stuck with me my entire time there..." he explained lowly as he walked with him.

"If you meet the Buddha kill the Buddha, if you meet your father kill your father."
Back to top Go down
Sumire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Traveling Monks, add in questions and welcome trouble.    Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:25 am

Tenrai looked at him. "That all? Because you never took your vows." He shrugged. "Neither did I so who I am to judge." He said as he walked along born with the red mark on his brow and the other on his leg he sorta skipped the whole vow thing. "There is only one thing I believe in. 'If you meet the Buddha kill the Buddha, if you meet your father kill your father. Free of everything, not bound by anything live your life as it is." Tenrai said as he walked and flicked the finished cigarette to the side.

"Muichimutso." Tenrai said he knew it, his 'master' was one of the few who held to that belief and taught it to him since he was a young child. Tenrai shrugged. "it's why.......they call me a 'rebel' if they want me preaching that's what they'll hear. And they don't tend to like it....."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hound
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Traveling Monks, add in questions and welcome trouble.    Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:10 am

Chuckling, he shook his head. "It's not like they did this to me. I chose to mark myself with the eyes of rakshasa...sort of...how do I explain it? A way to distinguish myself from everyone else, just so I can be myself..." he told him lowly as he turned his attention back ahead of them.

He snorted at Tenrai's remark about being a 'rebel' and looked at him, responding lowly, "As far as rebels go, I'd rather meet a rebel than a by-the-book man. They're just jealous of you, if you ask me, because they can't break themselves away from the mold they've been put into...you on the other hand, are free spirited enough to break away..."
Back to top Go down
Sumire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Traveling Monks, add in questions and welcome trouble.    Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:15 am

Tenrai looked over at him and nodded. "Your own style there's nothing wrong with that. As to fitting into a mold. If I was meant to fit into a mold I'd look just the same as everyone else. I don't so screw the bastards that think I have to." He said bemused and shook his head as they approached and entered the restaurant.

After taking a seat at the table they were shown to he sat back and ordered not tea but a sake since this place much to his chagrin didn't have beer but they did make his rice so it all worked out. He also ordered a bowl of fruit but waited as that left Gungen to order.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hound
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Traveling Monks, add in questions and welcome trouble.    Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:31 am

Chuckling, he closed his eyes as he entered and sat down, listening to Tenrai order. "I honestly can't say that I've ever met a monk who is as amusing as you..." he said after ordering some sake, dumplings and some beef skewers.

"If it were me, I would have told them to go fuck themselves the moment they wanted me to fit into a mold they had for me to fit into," he told him, sitting there and munching on a dumpling.

To be a 'monk', he was eating nontraditional foods and drinking sake, but he didn't care what people thought he was.
Back to top Go down
Sumire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Traveling Monks, add in questions and welcome trouble.    Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:45 am

Tenrai shook his head and chuckled. "Honestly I can't see you fitting into any preconceived mold or idea." He said shrugging as he lifted his chop-sticks and began eating his rice lifting a bit of fruit with it here or there. Honestly he didn't care what Gungen chose to eat although the crowd in the restaurant was staring for one thing they were both monks and while he was eating like he was 'supposed' to or more to the point the way he wanted to eat, so too was Gungen.

Tenrai shook his head. "Have you noticed? The signs of spirit activity increasing even in an area like this? Something is starting to stir......" He said which was part of the reason he was out here this far from his temple. The three mercies had harassed him until he agreed to go..........lovely. At least he met someone interesting along the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hound
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Traveling Monks, add in questions and welcome trouble.    Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:51 am

Licking his lips, he leaned in closer to Tenrai. "Fitting into any mold isn't in my plans...after all, I'm Nise..." he said lowly, just so that Tenrai could hear him before leaning back and sighing as he munched on another dumpling.

"I can imagine it's because they can sense the sutra reappearing. It's been almost fifty years since the sutra were last seen outside of their temples...makes them restless and hungry when they surface..." he explained before sipping on some sake.

A rough-around-the-edges kind of guy, he by far didn't look the part of a conventional monk, but then again, every monk looked different. Black robes that had the sleeves torn out of them, ear piercings, hand tattoos. It honestly didn't surprise him that he was being stared at.
Back to top Go down
Sumire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Traveling Monks, add in questions and welcome trouble.    Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:58 am

They made up quiet the sight really and he nodded sighing. "Yes the sutras. There idiots only the guardians can use them and then the guardian's can only use the one's they have been entrusted with bonded to....it's pointless to attempt to gain them." He said lowly the burden he had and yet he wouldn't give it up to anyone. Neither one of them. It was his duty more or less or perhaps it was simply that if he gave them up he failed. "Just as long as none of them get any funny ideas." He said lowly irritable.

He swore if he got one more. 'You bear it....the mark of Buddha.........so your flesh will grant me immortality if I eat you' argument..........which mind you was a load of bull shit. How on earth did eating the flesh and blood of a mortal monk make one immortal even if they were marked the whole concept was idiotic at best. And yet he ran into them and they ran into the high speed round from his banishing gun. So yeah........he won the argument hands down. Taking a drink of his sake he sighed. "at least your not trying to eat me......." he muttered under his breath.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hound
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Traveling Monks, add in questions and welcome trouble.    Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:12 am

"All of that 'I'm going to devour you' bullshit is what made me want to avoid them in the first place. Hard enough to break away from the mold, but dealing with those idiots is like trying to deal with the government..." he said lowly as he finished off his dumplings and raise his cup for another round of sake to be brought to him.

"Of course, I don't usually get that shit you deal with. I'm not 'marked by Buddha' like you are," he said snidely as he lowered his now full cup back down to his lips and took a sip of it. Sitting his cup back down, he looked at Tenrai. "However, I am like you in some ways...the major one being, of course, that I too guard sutra...the other being that I break many molds set before me," he explained and smirked at Tenrai's 'eat me' comment'. "Oh? I wouldn't be so sure dear Tenrai...I can certainly devour you..."
Back to top Go down
Sumire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Traveling Monks, add in questions and welcome trouble.    Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:19 am

Tenrai shook his head. "Believe me it's not day in paradise being marked. If it's not the damn monks 'You must present yourself as holy as fucking possible to the yokai half wanting to become truly immortal it's a load of bullshit." he said sitting back and lifting his sake to take a drink having eaten his fill and reaching for his cigarettes.

He did pause though with the cigarette part way to his mouth and rose an eyebrow. "Your certainly welcome to try." He countered to the I can certainly 'devour' you." Oh the innuendo didn't go over his head at all. But the idea that Gungen could sway him or even get him to jump into such a situation after just meeting? That was interesting. He brought the cigarette to his lips lit it and took a long slow drag. "The sutra's huh.......then you know how much of a pain in the ass guarding them is." He said waving his hand in the air as if to change the subject away from devouring him in any fashion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Traveling Monks, add in questions and welcome trouble.    

Back to top Go down

Traveling Monks, add in questions and welcome trouble.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1